It's Soooooo Good!

Friday, July 21, 2006

duplex

Last night I had the pleasure of dining at a charming little restaurant called duplex (yes, I mean not to capitalize that). After seeing the play Wicked at the Orpheum, Liz, Mom, Aunt Diane, Gramma and I headed towards Uptown for our 5:30pm reservation. Having tried and failed to get weekend reservations before on more than one occasion, I was very excited to finally eat here.

I started with a very good, 3oz glass of Placido Italian Pinot Grigio ($3.50). I really appreciated the option of a smaller glass of wine at a cheaper price. I wish more restaurants would pick up this idea, it was a great way to try a new wine without spending a lot of money.
I began my dinner with the Banana Glazed Sea Scallops ($8), which were served with a black bean jicama slaw and mango dressing. The scallops were perfectly tender and complemented nicely by the crisp jicama and sweet glaze.
For my entree, I chose the Center Cut Pork Loin ($16) with a sate peanut glaze, braised bok choy and baby carrots. The meat and vegetables had absorbed just the right amount of flavor and were moist and delicious.

Each one of the lovely ladies I dined with ordered something different off the menu. From garlic ceasar salad to chilled pea soup, wild rice risotto to fried chicken, all of it was good. Portion sizes are not overwhelming, and you leave feeling blissfully satisfied thanks to the abundant flavors of both the food and the wine.
If you are in the mood for a delicious meal and a nice glass of wine, I highly recommend you give this quaint little restaurant a try. How quaint is it, you ask? On the way out, I popped my head into the small kitchen and personally thanked the chef for such a wonderful meal.

I would like to wish a very Happy Birthday to my good friend, John Quinn. John turns 26 years old today. I hope you have a great day, and congratulations on finishing your thesis. Happy Birthday!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...it sounds like Steph and I are together at all times- well we kind of are and I especially like to be around her when there is food involved. I don't think that many people share our love for food and so it is great we have eachother!! duplex was a great restaurant and for those of you who knew Pandora's that claimed the space previously...it has been pleasantly transformed. My risotto was fantastic and so was everything else I tried- great date night place for lovers or friends.

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home