It's Soooooo Good!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Let's Dish!

A few of the gifts I gave this year involved finding ways to spend time with my special recipients. For Meggie, I told her that I would take her to Let's Dish!, which is one of those make-and-take-home meal joints. How it works is you sign up for the location, the date and time you would like to come in, decide how many meals you want to make (4, 8 or 12) and choose the meals off that month's menu. You can either go in alone and make full meals (to serve 6 people each) or bring a friend and split the meals (to serve 3 people each), which is what Meggie and I did.
Last Thursday, we went to the Arbor Lakes location to make our meals. Upon arrival, we received bandanas, aprons and snacks. The staff member brought us to our fist meal station and gave us brief instructions before letting us loose. Basically, you make a meal, label it, stick it on your shelf in the freezer, wash your hands and find your next station. Meggie and I quickly realized that we were the only novices in the crowd. Once we figured out how to split everything and determined that we should read all the directions, we were good to go. Meggie made our 4 menu selections, which consisted of Tortellini with Walnut Sauce, Chicken & Asparagus Risotto, Asian Barbequed Pork Wraps and Raspberry Chipotle Pork Tenderloin.

Our sign-up time was 5:30pm and we were all done by 6:20pm. We both agreed that this was something we would do again. That very night, Meggie made the Tortellini and it was very good. A couple nights later, I made the Risotto and that also was tasty. Each of those meals only served 2, but I am expecting the pork wraps and the tenderloin to actually serve 3. I am most excited to try the meat dishes, I will make comments on this posting with how those turned out.

Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked at lets Dish for about 8 months as a second job, love it! See you soon dear!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home